turbo upgrades

august

that makes sense as far as joining the pipes as far back as possible..

i know there were some turbo 911's that had a big oval opening exhaust tip, and a small oval opening inside the big one (positioned on the side) which was the wastegate exhaust. haha so sweet.. :D

that makes sense as far as joining the pipes as far back as possible..

i know there were some turbo 911's that had a big oval opening exhaust tip, and a small oval opening inside the big one (positioned on the side) which was the wastegate exhaust. haha so sweet.. :D

505 Turbo Production cars use(d) a side exhaust with a separate pipe for wastegate, at least this car has that kind of setup:

img247a.jpg

• 4 months later...

Have anyone tried to fit other turbos? Would be nice if a nissan, honda e.t.c. turbo could fit. (with an T3 adapter on manifoil).

Heard about a guy that mounted a turbo from av Volvo (if i remeber right). The turbo bolted directly on the manifoil but he had to remanufacture the engine mount and tilt the engine 3 inch upwards to make it fit. Not the best solution but it did work.

My turbo has pushed aprox 1,1 bar for a while now and starting to get tired, so im looking for a replacement and more air ;)

Have anyone tried to fit other turbos? Would be nice if a nissan, honda e.t.c. turbo could fit. (with an T3 adapter on manifoil).

Heard about a guy that mounted a turbo from av Volvo (if i remeber right). The turbo bolted directly on the manifoil but he had to remanufacture the engine mount and tilt the engine 3 inch upwards to make it fit. Not the best solution but it did work.

My turbo has pushed aprox 1,1 bar for a while now and starting to get tired, so im looking for a replacement and more air :(

the manifold is peugeot specific and is unfortunatley not compatible with anything else (i've done quite a bit of searching and research with turbo shops and have yet to find anything. sure would be nice if we could though).

running an adapter i've considered but you'd have to customize the bottom mount / motor mount like your friend did.. and if i'm going do that much work, i'd rather do something *cool*. :)

the next 505turbo.com project car is going to have an upgraded turbo, so keep your eyes peeled. ;)

a few the members of this board have made custom manifolds which look damn cool.

Yep, I'd ditch the original manifold. (apparently, so I did... ;)) And fabricate/have a new one fabricated. If you can get the flanges cut, the rest is just cut & paste... :( I could make exhaust manifolds all day long, if I had proper equipment to cut the flanges.

With crappy manual boring and milling machines it's pain in the ass. BTDT.

Garret GT2871R with .64 exhaust housing is meant to be a terrific turbo with minimum lag and up to 280kw at the wheels! Has a 71mm compressor wheel and dual ballbearing centre. Is available with both T25 and T3 flanges I think. $1195 US. Also how about this for a exhaust manifold!!! Its a split pulse manifold wih an Evo IX turbo on the end.

post-55-1146126748.jpg

post-55-1146126887.jpg