5 SPEED EMERGENCY SHIFT LINKAGE REPAIR KIT

SSB

Bad day for Deuce. Started the day with a dead battery only to have the shift linkage fall apart later. The long shaft was just dried up. Ever try to wire that thing back together? Use this, it works quick and easy while only if temporary and available at any stationary store by the dozen.

post-137-1213925186.jpg

Isn't this the link point of the front-most transmission lever connected to the link with the rubber bushing/grommet inside of it?

I've seen those wired up with electrical wire and the like. I bought a new shift link with the new rubber in it. Works great. If you go to W-H, it'll say they'r out, but I'd drop a note to your favorite knowlegable parts guy or Rob @ Javel and he'll probably be able to get it for you.

It was the ball & socket end anyway. The clip would work on either end, I believe. New one is on the way from W-H and my guy who used to work as the parts guy at PMA Carson, Calif. I'm not sure where he is getting parts from..........maybe W-H? Anyway I'll have 2.