'89 505 ZN3J starting update kit

Dear All,

I have purchased the above kit in the hopes of resolving a starting issue with my 505.

I have attached photo's - if anyone can tell me how/where to install the wiring harnesss, plastic sleeve, and relay switch I would greatly appreciate it.

The number on the plastic sleeve is 5966 02

The information on the wiring harness is 960 96173 80 OR - TB 0290 - 505 DMR = CABLAUTO SGE

The information on the relay switch is 12V/50A - 03658

Thanks,

Belinda

post-216-1208874286.jpg

post-216-1208874369.jpg

post-216-1208874403.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I don't know if I can help you, actually I just don't understand what you want to do... (I'm not enough in English, sorry) but I have 1989 505 V6, US model (ZN3X) that doesn't start with the key, but with an added switch, it this what you want to do ?

Dear All,

I have purchased the above kit in the hopes of resolving a starting issue with my 505.

I have attached photo's - if anyone can tell me how/where to install the wiring harnesss, plastic sleeve, and relay switch I would greatly appreciate it.

The number on the plastic sleeve is 5966 02

The information on the wiring harness is 960 96173 80 OR - TB 0290 - 505 DMR = CABLAUTO SGE

The information on the relay switch is 12V/50A - 03658

Thanks,

Belinda

Hi Belinda,

Cool, I didn't know there even was a kit like that, I thought everyone was making them.

I'm pretty sure that grey connector would go to the starter solenoid, and the yellow goes to ground.

Not sure about the last cable since I don't know what terminal it's connected to, could you take a picture of the underside of the relay (use the flower-button)? There should be numbers around the terminals.

Could there be one cable missing?

Because usually there's one 12V feed, one for ground, one for signal and one for output.

Or perhaps you're supposed to make the feed-cable yourself.