should i be using premium gas ?

85-505

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if there is any advantage to using premium gas in a 85' 505 Turbo?

Theres no labels anywhere other than the ' Unleaded Fuel Only ' sticker near the filler, so I figure I should be OK using regular ( 87 octane ) .. I have tried using midgrade and premium (90, 91, 92 and 94 octane is available here depending on the station) .. Premium seems to make a little difference but im pretty sure its all my mind...I'd of course prefer to use the cheap gas if it wont hurt anything

I also just got the car back from having new front shocks and wheel bearings fitted. The difference in ride and handling is so noticeable I can't stop grinning. Of course it was a big bill but worth it ... Its not so scary on the highway anymore.

Here in Holland we only have octane 95, 98 and occasionaly 100. 98 is always adviced for the 505 turbo, but it will run on 95 too. At even lower octane I'm not sure if that goes well. You should be able to hear it from your engine when it has a too low octane number.