505 Turbo Inj 1986

Hi guys!

I'm awesomely new to this forum and i think it kicks ass, I've been lurking alot though.

I've been quite interested in this 505T (N9TE) that's for sale on a bigger swedish car sale-site and I was wondering how reliable these cars are?

I'm not a wonder-mechanic, but I think I know my way around cars so I'm not completely off.

I heard that the cylinder heads break easily, true or not?

And further tuning possibilites, what can I do to the car that will make it increase the sweet sweet hp?

Please keep in mind that im a student so i dont have infinite resources...

And I put reliability before power.

Cheers,

Victor.

Hi guys!

I'm awesomely new to this forum and i think it kicks ass, I've been lurking alot though.

I've been quite interested in this 505T (N9TE) that's for sale on a bigger swedish car sale-site and I was wondering how reliable these cars are?

I'm not a wonder-mechanic, but I think I know my way around cars so I'm not completely off.

I heard that the cylinder heads break easily, true or not?

And further tuning possibilites, what can I do to the car that will make it increase the sweet sweet hp?

Please keep in mind that im a student so i dont have infinite resources...

And I put reliability before power.

Cheers,

Victor.

Well if it will be your first one then I would think twice. Parts (for engine) are expencive and hard to find. Surely there is hobbyists in nordic countries so some help is available but still...

Around 200-220hp and 330-350Nm can be reached in "cheap" way but beond that it will be expencive and need more skills and knowledge. And of cause any additional power degreases engine life.

Most of information to increase power is available in this site. Just keep reading.

V-M

When you're looking for a reliable Peugeot I would go for a 505 with the 2165cc ZDJL engine, 2.0l carburetor engine or a turbodiesel. These are far more reliable then the N9TE engine, although the N9TE is the top model of the 505 I would not start with it.