Free 85 Turbo Diesel STI

Guest Mturnberg

Guest Mturnberg

Hello,

I own a 1985 505 Turbo Diesel STI that served me well for many years. It was always a great car, but with age (its and mine!) it developed some quirks that caused me to no longer trust it for a daily driver. However, we could not quite bring ourselves to get rid of it, and it has ended up sitting outside forlornly growing moss in the rain and oxydizing in the sun.

It needs to go to a new home, but is not worth trying to sell, as without an appreciate for Peugeots, most would not want to deal with working on it, finding parts, etc. to bring it up to speed.

You are welcome to come and get it! We have a clear title for it, of course.

THE GOOD NEWS -

The engine runs like a champ; transmission works great (automatic), the headlights, brakelights, tail-lights all work, the tires are good quality and good condition; the body is straight (paint is heavily oxydized, esp. on the hood).

THE BAD NEWS -

The odometer stopped working at 250,000 mi and it may have over 300,000 on it!

Speedo and tach no longer work (fuel gauge does work, however)

Instrument panel lights do not work

Heater fan stays on at full speed (you can turn heat off)

Heat (temp setting) is either full on or full off

A/C does not work

Rear door handle on one door is broken (only opens from inside)

Rear door handle mechanism on other door does not work at all (door does not open)

Power windows for rear windows do not work

The trunk leaks

A light near the ignition switch stays on and if you don't disconnect the battery it will go dead

Speaking of the battery, it's old and and weak

Passenger front seat has a rip along the seam

The leather all along the top of the back seats has been corroded by the sun

Sometimes when it sits for a long time, it will leak brake fluid (unknown from where or why)

The sunroof cable broke, and a hole was made in the headliner to get it to close

However, even with all the above it would be driveable if not for the last problem:

The left rear brake is dragging, so the wheel gets hot.

We are not interested in parting this car out. If you would like to have it, you can contact me at [email protected] We are in Port Orchard, WA.

Whoever asks to have it, please be in mind that I wil l have to give you a deadline for taking it ... now that we want to get rid of it, we are anxious to have it gone. Also, it must be taken away ... no working on that brake here in hopes to drive it off, sorry!