1981 505 Instrument Cluster Removal

LBC28730

Hello everyone!

I've found some time to get back to my 505 to address some of the things that are still giving me issues. 

I've got the FSM but, for removing the cluster it just says "remove cluster".

I need to get it out to address electrical issues as well as determine why my speedometer isn't working. 

I assume there's some sort of tension clips?

Thanks so much for any insight!

To get the cluster out, there should be two small holes on each side of the cluster. Get a pick or a small screw driver, and stick them into the small holes on the sides of the cluster.  The whole thing should come right out. Your speedometer probably isn't working because your cable is bad or the cluster isn't seated properly.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/8/2023 at 2:35 PM, Peugeots_505 said:

To get the cluster out, there should be two small holes on each side of the cluster. Get a pick or a small screw driver, and stick them into the small holes on the sides of the cluster.  The whole thing should come right out. Your speedometer probably isn't working because your cable is bad or the cluster isn't seated properly.

Thank you so much! I almost had it out by accident while messing with it at a red light, hahaha!
I do assume it is the cable. It hasn't been an issue bc I use GPS nav most of the time but I would actually like the odometer working.