"chip tuning for peugeots"

Johnny

I just have to post this, it's possibly the silliest thing I've ever seen.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CHIP-TUNING-for-Peugeo...tem140069935387

Do people actully belive that this will give them +25BHP?

talk about ripoff, they're practicly charging 17.53$ for a simple resistor? (that costs <1$)

But there is actully an ounce of truth in this.

You get higher pressure in the combustion-chamber when the A/F is a bit rich (therefore power), but the ECU already richens the mixture when you floor the throttle so there's no need for this.

Mileage will probably suck, and the mixture will be too rich at WOT for best performance. Maybe you gain a little bit of power at light trottle, but who needs that?

You want performance when you floor the pedal, and you want fuel-economy when you're light on the throttle.

Btw, on cars with lambda, the ECU will try to correct the mixture anyway so this is a complete waste of money.

Most of you probably know this already, I just get so mad when I see these ads.

I just have to post this, it's possibly the silliest thing I've ever seen.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CHIP-TUNING-for-Peugeo...tem140069935387

Do people actully belive that this will give them +25BHP?

talk about ripoff, they're practicly charging 17.53$ for a simple resistor? (that costs <1$)

But there is actully an ounce of truth in this.

You get higher pressure in the combustion-chamber when the A/F is a bit rich (therefore power), but the ECU already richens the mixture when you floor the throttle so there's no need for this.

Mileage will probably suck, and the mixture will be too rich at WOT for best performance. Maybe you gain a little bit of power at light trottle, but who needs that?

You want performance when you floor the pedal, and you want fuel-economy when you're light on the throttle.

Btw, on cars with lambda, the ECU will try to correct the mixture anyway so this is a complete waste of money.

Most of you probably know this already, I just get so mad when I see these ads.

ebay over here are full of these type of ads.

if you check there feedback there are satisfied customers in there, complete mugs!!! :P