lacking high beem

Guest puck_supra

Guest puck_supra

I just bought a 1987 peugeot 505 S turbo. I havnt gone and picked it up yet, but I have got it runing and checked it over. I noticed wile I was checking the light that when you went to turn on the high beem it would click on, but it would go back to low beem. I figured it is probly in the swich but I just wanted to know if anyone else has ever run into this problum and if so what was it.

I just bought a 1987 peugeot 505 S turbo. I havnt gone and picked it up yet, but I have got it runing and checked it over. I noticed wile I was checking the light that when you went to turn on the high beem it would click on, but it would go back to low beem. I figured it is probly in the swich but I just wanted to know if anyone else has ever run into this problum and if so what was it.

You mean, it doesn't stay in high beam mode? You can only flash?

In my GLD I have a similar problem. With lights off, I can flash my high beam. But with lights on it does nothing. I think it is indeed the switch, because often turning on the lights is not going very smooth. This weekend I try to get hold of a new switch and will place it. I'll let you know if that was the problem.

You probably know this already but I'll say it anyway just to make sure. ;-) You can turn the switch to three positions:

0) Lights off (or on with automatics)

1) Turn 1/4 turn counter-clockwise: Parking lights on

2) Turn another 1/4 turn counter-clockwise: Driving lights (dipped beam) on

You can switch the high beams on only with the switch in position 2. In positions 0 and 1, pulling the switch will only flash.

This is from European 505 owner's manual (facelift). In US models things may be different?

If you had the switch in right position then the problem could be in the relay?

Guest puck_supra

You probably know this already but I'll say it anyway just to make sure. ;-) You can turn the switch to three positions:

0) Lights off (or on with automatics)

1) Turn 1/4 turn counter-clockwise: Parking lights on

2) Turn another 1/4 turn counter-clockwise: Driving lights (dipped beam) on

You can switch the high beams on only with the switch in position 2. In positions 0 and 1, pulling the switch will only flash.

This is from European 505 owner's manual (facelift). In US models things may be different?

If you had the switch in right position then the problem could be in the relay?

Well no I didnt know this :( . Thanks for the insite. Altough I do beleive i had it in positions two. One other qustion is dose the light switch have two positions like forward and back or do you just pull back on it to swich between the high and low settings? :huh: P.S. YA the problum is the high will only flash on then it gose back to low beem.