Newbie Story, Questions

Back when the 505 turbodiesel came out I considered buying one but I needed more room so I bought a full sized GM diesel station wagon (and you already know how that turned out). I still think the 505 has one of the most classic 4 door sedan designs in history and I recently got interested in finally owning one. I did a little research and found that the 88-89 505s have the most power/torque and I decided that I would be willing to spend more to get just what I want. The problem seems to be that I can't buy what I want. Autotrader lists ZERO 505s for the entire nation and ebay has a few 505s but not 88-89s in excellent condition. So, I'll keep searching. Meanwhile, a few questions (and I did look for a FAQ page). 1) What are the chances of finding what I want (without importing one from France)? 2) Do the 505s have any chronic rust problems, id est, is it possible to find one in great condition? 3) Is parts availability so poor that I'll have a problem keeping it in tip top shape (e.g. crank bearings seem almost non-existent)? BTW, love the website and especially love your project - if I find one, I'd like to get those kind of hp and torque numbers.

• 2 weeks later...
This is the only forum I've ever been on where there was no welcome, no reply, not even a hello.  Goodbye.

I'm sorry there have been no replies or suitable greetings for you. This forum community is just starting, and probably hasn't even exceeded 30 people as of yet. Your presence in the community is valued. Please try to bear with us while things start to get going... The only way a community like this can grow is with the help of its members.

~Trevor

• 2 weeks later...
Guest fitoiro
Back when the 505 turbodiesel came out I considered buying one but I needed more room so I bought a full sized GM diesel station wagon (and you already know how that turned out).  I still think the 505 has one of the most classic 4 door sedan designs in history and I recently got interested in finally owning one.  I did a little research and found that the 88-89 505s have the most power/torque and I decided that I would be willing to spend more to get just what I want.  The problem seems to be that I can't buy what I want.  Autotrader lists ZERO 505s for the entire nation and ebay has a few 505s but not 88-89s in excellent condition.  So, I'll keep searching.  Meanwhile, a few questions (and I did look for a FAQ page).  1)  What are the chances of finding what I want (without importing one from France)?  2)  Do the 505s have any chronic rust problems, id est, is it possible to find one in great condition?  3)  Is parts availability so poor that I'll have a problem keeping it in tip top shape (e.g. crank bearings seem almost non-existent)?  BTW, love the website and especially love your project - if I find one, I'd like to get those kind of hp and torque numbers.

Guest fitoiro

hi! 88-89 turbos are getting very rare in excellent condition.sonme parts are not being brought in anymore. if you can dind a very good 505, you can get just about anything you need by using the forum. most peugeot owners are simpathetic to neds of other owners. these cars are great, but all need tending to, wether they look good and sound good. i have 5 505 turbos wagons, and have repeired all to make them reliable, but all have their problems occasionaly. fitoiro, hello..........1