News on the forum changes

OK, finally time for some updates!

We've decided to re-order the form, and add a few new topics. I'm hoping this will better organize the increasing content we're producing. If any of you have any suggestions, or think we should change something please let us know here!

Classifieds:

There was a separate classifieds section with a forum for things For Sale, and another one for Wanted. Meanwhile there was a for sale/wanted thread in the general section which is just redundant. We've taken all the posts from the "Classifieds" section, and moved them to the single "For Sale/Wanted" forum in the general section. (If there is more traffic in this section in the future, we can split it up again).

Technical Resources / Technical Discussion:

Technical Resources was originally created for posting technical articles, manual's, procedures etc.. What we're going to do is move all the Technical *questions* out of that section into "Technical Discussion". Technical Resources has been changed so that if an article, or resource is posted, you may comment, but not start a new thread on your own. Technical discussion on the other hand is an open forum to post, upload pictures, etc etc.

RSS Feeds:

Yeah I know it's kind of a joke due to the forum being fairly low traffic as far as updates / changes are concerned, but for those of us who are all over RSS, there will be options. I still need to test / design how we're going to set this up, but as of now I'm thinking we'll have a feed for each forum and sub-forums. Feed's will be updated every 30 minutes.

Lastly the TPS adjustment procedure JG posted to peugeot-l in 2002 has been posted in the tech section of the main site. I've also posted this in the Technical Resources section of the forum. At some point it'd be nice to combine all the technical resources / articles into one organized section without breaking any current links, but that will be later on down the road.

• 6 months later...

It would be nice, if the moderators/administrator(s) would sort the threads out somewhat, and move them to appropriate sections.

It seems to me now, that there can be same kind of threads in general, technical and f.ex. 50x-discussion sections.

It would also be nice, if threads were split, if the discussion goes really off-topic but is still worth continuing. If you know what I mean. ;)