505 coolant on the passanger floor and a 504 comes home today!

rickcjmc

Happy Thanksgiving all!

Well, yet another problem plagues my 505......yesterday on the way to work, the cabin filled with steam. First thought was heater core but after some searching here, I am wondering if maybe the heater control valve may have left the building. I will be crawling under the dash in the next couple days to investigate. I did manage to find a couple listings for heater cores still available out there in the world so I thought i'd share them with the rest of the forum.

nissens p/n 72940 thru rockauto.com still available

valeo p/n 883674 still listed at rockauto but currently back ordered

On another note, I am dragging home a 73 504 sedan (gas automatique) today, fellow was selling it for scrap locally so I have to go save another one! Said it was a runner but poorly, found a snapped bolt on the intake manifold and stopped there. We'll see if we can get it back on the road again.

Rabin, do we have a central repository for p/n info we dig up?

take care all!!

Rick of Orphan Acres in St Paul Oregon.

Thanks Bill!

Turns out the heater control valve is the culprit, luckily I have my buddy who lives and breathes 505's, he gave me another core and valve, and a working blower too and diode. Good thing too as its 28 degrees today! Now who know show to work on oil fired furnaces cause mine just quite!!

Cheers all!