1988 505 S Turbo Diesel

Hello,

I am new to this group and was very happy to actually find a Peugeot Forum as this one on the internet!

I recently bought a 1985 Peugeot 505 S Turbo Diesel (US model) from a glider pilot I met in British Columbia. I don't have much history on the vehicle. I am not really that familiar with this car but I really love it.

It is an automatic, which I find is rare for a diesel vehicle. It also has cruise control, which I havent been able to figure out how to use. Bummer!

I am having a problem with the brake system though. They don't work... DOH! I have tried adding brake fluid but I still have no brakes. I drove from Vancouver, BC to Montreal, QC with no problems other than starting it in the morning when it was cold. I really need to get my brakes working soon, as I have to return to Vancouver.

There is some kind of fluid cap next to the left of the vacuum pump that I haven't been able to identify in my Haynes manual. Anyone know what it is for? I guess a should try to get a picture of it, as it might be a great deal more helpful in identifying.

There are a couple of tiny rust spots on the body, and a couple of small dings, but otherwise, it is in pretty good condition. The battery has been moved from the engine area to the trunk for some reason.

Mack

Guest broke

Hi Mack,

If your in Montreal, I can lead you to a mechanic who specialiizes in Peugeot. If you are interested send me a private message and I will give you his address or leave me a number where I can reach you.