Peugeot 1986 2.5 TD sedan

jerro

Hi all- it`s me again with another no brain question! I don`t have a manual yet so in the meantime what are these 2 Pierburg `units` that sit above the manifolds a little behind the vacuum pump please, i can see they operate on vacuum and the one pipe goes to what i think is the `egr`(??) and one other question is that the right hand unit does not have a pipe attached to the bottom and i just don`t see a loose pipe that needs to go there!! Any comment on what are these 2 goodies and does anyone else have a beautiful car that has the same pipe layout with one missing at the bottom! If anyone wants to sell me a Haynes manual or similar i am a motivated buyer as they say on ebay :lol: -I am fitting my new injectors tomorrow and i`ve changed the filter on the horrible Purflux filter system and thrown away the cylindrical metal shield that would stop any sane person from doing a regular ` let`s change the filter` project. I`ve attached 2 pics of the `units` which i assume will stay attached when i post this little gem--Thanks :o

post-1154-0-07636800-1331511959_thumb.jp

post-1154-0-37936800-1331511981_thumb.jp

Hi all- it`s me again with another no brain question! I don`t have a manual yet so in the meantime what are these 2 Pierburg `units` that sit above the manifolds a little behind the vacuum pump please, i can see they operate on vacuum and the one pipe goes to what i think is the `egr`(??) and one other question is that the right hand unit does not have a pipe attached to the bottom and i just don`t see a loose pipe that needs to go there!! Any comment on what are these 2 goodies and does anyone else have a beautiful car that has the same pipe layout with one missing at the bottom! If anyone wants to sell me a Haynes manual or similar i am a motivated buyer as they say on ebay :lol: -I am fitting my new injectors tomorrow and i`ve changed the filter on the horrible Purflux filter system and thrown away the cylindrical metal shield that would stop any sane person from doing a regular ` let`s change the filter` project. I`ve attached 2 pics of the `units` which i assume will stay attached when i post this little gem--Thanks :o

Jerro,

I don't have an authoritative answer for you, but I have a 1885 2.5 TD sedan and while the devices on mine look a little different, the arrangement with one open tube is the same.

Dave

post-1160-0-31595700-1331586843_thumb.jp

If anyone wants to sell me a Haynes manual or similar i am a motivated buyer as they say on ebay

Don't be too motivated for the Haynes manual. It's better than nothing, but it can't hold a candle to the real factory manual. I have most of the Peugeot original service manuals for my car someplace, but right now the Clutch and Transmission one is the only one I can lay my hands on. The Haynes manual doesn't show or mention those two vacuum solenoids or whatever they are. The overall picture of the Engine compartment in the Haynes manual looks like it's a right hand drive car, so some things are on the opposite side from my car but I can't make out those things on either side in their picture.

Those are the vacuum solenoids that operate the EGR valve and the throttle valve. Yes, XD3Ts have throttle valves which are designed to limit the amount of fresh air the engine uses when under very light load; It forces the engine to use more exhaust gas. The one on the left is the vacuum supply solenoid and the one on the right is the dump solenoid--it is supposed to have an empty port, that is how it dumps vacuum.

Thankyou thankyou and thankyou, i am starting to understand my car. The word EGR has just been mentioned and yesterday i sucked on the pipe that runs to it, the diaphram moved a little but doesn`t look like a lot so i am posting a new post now to ask about EGRs and cleaning/checking them! thanks again

Don't be too motivated for the Haynes manual. It's better than nothing, but it can't hold a candle to the real factory manual. I have most of the Peugeot original service manuals for my car someplace, but right now the Clutch and Transmission one is the only one I can lay my hands on. The Haynes manual doesn't show or mention those two vacuum solenoids or whatever they are. The overall picture of the Engine compartment in the Haynes manual looks like it's a right hand drive car, so some things are on the opposite side from my car but I can't make out those things on either side in their picture.

If you happen to dig up a manual of some sort on the 505 TD engine let me know!

If you happen to dig up a manual of some sort on the 505 TD engine let me know!

Well I do have the Haynes manual for the Diesel Engine at hand, and it does have things like torque settings, and the like, so as I say, it's not worthless if you can get that, but I last saw my factory manuals a couple of years ago. I know they are here someplace, but with the exception of the trans/clutch one, I'll be damned if I can figure out where. :unsure: