tps voltage

dan68rs

I have set this and im still having trouble, i get the five flash fault code, i believe its for vlt to low. My question is what vlt should i read at the plug feeding the tps. im getting 5 volts coming to the sensor. and at wot i only get around 3.4, that seems low but from what i read it said that at wot it should be close to full feed voltage. so i didnt know if the wot voltage could be the problem or should i be getting 12 volts to the sensor to begin with.

looks like i remembered it wrong, fault 5 shows signal from pententiometer is greater than 4.3 volts, try with a new pententionmeter.

I wonder if i can clean the contacts on it, they car has been sitting for a little bit, i had to clean all the tail light and front parking light connections for them to work.

I am assuming you're dealing with the throttle position sensor on a turbo. There is a whole scenario involved with this, and Joe Grubbs has an excellent article on it in the technical resources. Print it out.

Regardless, measure your battery voltage at the battery. The voltage to which you are setting the TPS is 1/6 of that. Be sure the throttle is set correctly. Be sure the throttle microswitch is adjusted correctly. The TPS setting controls the running of the car because it controls the ignition timing as the throttle is opened.

Joe describes which wires to connect and to what.

Good luck.

I am assuming you're dealing with the throttle position sensor on a turbo. There is a whole scenario involved with this, and Joe Grubbs has an excellent article on it in the technical resources. Print it out.

Regardless, measure your battery voltage at the battery. The voltage to which you are setting the TPS is 1/6 of that. Be sure the throttle is set correctly. Be sure the throttle microswitch is adjusted correctly. The TPS setting controls the running of the car because it controls the ignition timing as the throttle is opened.

Joe describes which wires to connect and to what.

Good luck.

yea thats the way i already set it up. still get the fault code 5

Do not worry about what the voltage is feeding the switch. Let's assume your battery voltage is 12V, you will want 2V as your desired amount when the switch is properly set. Attach ground to the black feed. The red wire gets battery positive. The green is positive from the switch, if I remember correctly, which should be attached to your voltmeter.

Do not worry about what the voltage is feeding the switch. Let's assume your battery voltage is 12V, you will want 2V as your desired amount when the switch is properly set. Attach ground to the black feed. The red wire gets battery positive. The green is positive from the switch, if I remember correctly, which should be attached to your voltmeter.

yea i got it set correctly per the directions, im going to try taking it off and cleaning it