505 TD fuel filter

is the 504 2.3L TD fuel filter the same as the 505? Autozone sells a 504 fuel filter but not one for the 505

im going to make an attempt next week to get the car running before i leave friday for school. im going to get new oil and filter, fuel filter and clean the fuel tank out. it certainly wont be road worthy for quite some time though, clutch and brake pedal are frozen, but if i can start the motor up i will be a happy camper. it turns over when you put a battery in it, but i havent tried to start it yet out of fear of clogging the whole fuel system with almost decade old diesel

what kind of oil do you other TD guys usually run? .

is the 504 2.3L TD fuel filter the same as the 505? Autozone sells a 504 fuel filter but not one for the 505

im going to make an attempt next week to get the car running before i leave friday for school. im going to get new oil and filter, fuel filter and clean the fuel tank out. it certainly wont be road worthy for quite some time though, clutch and brake pedal are frozen, but if i can start the motor up i will be a happy camper. it turns over when you put a battery in it, but i havent tried to start it yet out of fear of clogging the whole fuel system with almost decade old diesel

what kind of oil do you other TD guys usually run? .

There are basically thrre types of fuel filters that came as orginal equipment for the Peugeots in the US. The initial was a Purflux C112... standing between two and three inches tall, held in a glass bowl. That one was used on the early Bosch injection system. The second what the Purflux C157... a metal encased filter that had a glass bowl base... used o the Roto Diesel (CAV) system. The last was the Purflux C180.... standing three to four inches tall, held in an aluminum bowl... again on the later Bosch fuel injection system.

Keep with orginal Purflux (or other brands that actually meet Peugeot specs rather than just 'fitting') and you should be in good shape. I've never had an oil related failure using Purflux filters.... that's 30+ years of working on french cars talking !

Rob @ Javel / Garage Courtier - Dallas

• 3 weeks later...