505 Turbo Wagon mileage

post-13-1120106273.jpgTook the 86 Turbo Wagon on its regular Toronto-Ottawa-Toronto trip recently. Selected a route that diliberately held the speed down to 55 mph/90 kmh and was very pleased with the results. OK, it was a cool summer day, I did not run any electrics and kept the antenae down. Results were not as good as MT's Smart, but were pretty impressive none the less - 38 Imperial MPG, which works out to 32 US MPG. I normally drive faster, but it was not a pain to drive at these speeds and I was able to achieve a tad over 500 miles on a single tank of fuel. Picture of the old girl attached.

• 1 year later...
Guest the505inme

With a wagon, that is awesome milage. My best with an 86 505 automatic turbo sedan is 28 us mpg but that was with city/ highway and 120 kph. I think if I did a steady 90 kph I would do even better, maybe I'll give it a shot.

We should have a mpg showdown, since I think we may be the only 2 on the list that care about how much fuel we use! :D