505 Turbo gallery possibility?

Bean

Hey guys,

I was wondering what the chances of getting a gallery in place would be? Something with a whack of space so that we can upload Peugeot specific ads, our own pictures of our cars and that kind of thing... I know Rob's been collecting everything on the internet - so it'd be nice to be able to share cool finds.

Or even using an online album somewhere else - but where the mods all have access so we can upload pics to it and the link it to this site...

Just bouncing some ideas around as I came across a whack of pics of the ice / dirt racer 505 XN6 STI and some more slalom pics of my 505 Turbo. They used to be on our club site - but we moved servers and lost gallery functionality when it went from Linux to a server 2000 environment.

If it's a cost issue - I know a lot of forums offer memberships with perks - and the gallery would be one of them. I know I'd join in a heartbeat - this is an AWESOME source of info, friendships, and sharing ideas...

Thanks!

Rabin

Ok, we'll look into something.

Invision (this forum software) makes a gallery suite, which would hopefully integrate nicely into the forum.

The alternative would be to use a free (preferred) solution such as Gallery2 from menalto (http://gallery.menalto.com/). I'm not sure how the user structure would work though. It'd be great if you could login to Gallery2 with your 505turbo.com forum logins, and upload/post/whatever that way.

We are open to whatever, whatever sounds best to you guys we'll consider. If any of you are feeling energetic and want to check out some pro's or con's about either solution mentioned above, or have any other ideas please let us know.

Disk space isn't an issue. We currently have 200+ gig's available. If you guys can upload 200gigs of Peugeot photo's I'll be so happy buying a TB drive won't be an issue :)

I just did some quick googling to see if there was anything blatant - and the Invision search brought up a lot of issue and complaints on a number of forums...

So with my 20 minute research based suggestion would be to go with the Gallery2 - as that just brought up different sites with it - and I've been to sites using Gallery and they seemed fine.

Finding the right template is key - but something that allows albums, thumnail previews, and slideshows is pretty much all we need. Ideally with a nice interface to upload images too would be nice - but I'm sure that can be worked out.

I was the admin on my car club site - but wasn't involved with the development - just maintenance and I kinda owned the gallery part since I was the club photographer. So I'm not that much help on the selection - but I can help once it's in place... :)

If it helps - the guy that set up our club was able to imbed the gallery into the forum using the same permissions - it was a hack job by his own admission (but it worked awesome before the switch to the Windows host) - so I can get a run down of what he did to get to work if needed...

Rabin

• 1 month later...

Hey Rob,

If you want to send you me your full name and your e-mail address I'll create your own account in the gallery and you can upload them yourself into your own gallery.

I'll then move them or create permanent galleries to suit the pics.

Thanks!

Rabin

PS: Tried to PM you but your inbox is either full or it's disabled...