Getting Hosed

SSB

http://www.hosetechniques.com/

Phone calls to France and England have produe no results in obtaining an intake hose (the one between the air flow meter and the turbo). August fabricated one himself, however, I was told that this guy @ Hose Techniques will make one up if you supply him the hose.

This could be the answer, I'll keep you posted. But feel free to explore this yourself if your in a bigger hurry than me.

post-137-1192907738.jpg

I just made one myself, using off the shelf parts. I am actually putting it in the car now. If it works, I will post the details tonight.

George

Since the airmeter to turbo accordion hose, P/N 1425.F6 is no longer available, I borrowed the idea from August on this list to make my own. Since I don't have access to a welder or machine shop, I tried to do it with off-the-shelf parts. So far, it's working fine. Here's what I used:

Atpturbo.com P/N ATP-SIL-055 Silicone transition hose 2.75" to 3.00" $17.50

Atpturbo.com P/N ATP-SIL-058 Silicone transition hose 2.25" to 3.00" $17.50

Spectreperformance.com P/N 8738 45 degree 3" elbow (plastic) $9.99 (available locally or at Autozone.com)

JB Weld

I just drilled the Spectreperformance elbow and glued the PCV hose connector and the wastegate electrovalve overflow connector from the old hose to the elbow using JB Weld. Quick and dirty, but I'm back on the road for under $75 including shipping.

George

accordion.jpg

• 2 years later...

How was the fitment for this? I just took my hose off and it's roached. I don't have the time to wait for the club505.fr units to become available.

If you want a good used one for originality sake - I'll see what my spares are like, but if you want what is likely a better solution - doing a custom intake pipe is totally the way to go IMHO...

I've been searching online a lot lately and came across these suppliers for fabrication stuff...

Vibrant

Normally I woud have dismissed Vibrant with the fart can exhausts I know they make - but their fabrication catalogue is pretty darn impressive...

Rabin

• 1 month later...

OK. So I had one done up.

I used similar stuff. Pipe is aluminum. 70 degree bend. 1 hour shop time. Total cost: ~$150.

Pic 2 shows final angle within 3 degrees. As good as a fit as you can expect.

pipe1.jpg

pipe2.jpg

pipe3.jpg

pipe4.jpg

pipe5.jpg

Last pic shows that the silicone ends contribute to the final length of the unit. Factor that in when you have your pipe cut down to size.