Peugeot 505 Turbo Project

d00zer

Justice: Thanks. But I fix the problem with the compression and I get host from one of my friends. See if the host got enough bandwidth if not I will contact you for hosting.

I just posted the video clip under Pictures/Videos. Is just a test drive and no fancy "drift/rubber burning kick a**"-video clip. Hope you guys gonna enjoy it as much we did :)

The project car 2 runs fine now, next step in the modification chain is the exhaust system. We have plans of building a 2.5 inch exhaust.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1320Turbo: Good that you decided to keep the 505 and that you have found a engine for it :)

Update: Yesterday My dad bought Siomons muffler and exhaust pipe for the exhaust build and I have a packet waiting for pickup with the end muffler and some parts for the Project car 1. We gonna start the build this weekend.

• 5 weeks later...

Update
We have finished the build of the 2.5'' exhaust on Project Car 2, the new exhaust system got two mufflers on front and one end muffler. The test run went good and it sound a lot more now smile.gif
We are waiting for some custom parts for the project car 2 now, we gonna get it delivered this week.
So next weekend I maybe can update with picture of the new upgrade.

I have worked on the project car 1. Working with the rear bumper, slow work to get the custom rear bumper a god finish. Have take picture of the new painted engine room.

post-226-1222618068.jpgpost-226-1222618085.jpgpost-226-1222618098.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Update

That's wheel adapters. They are custom made by Manton Racing. When we order the wheel adapter we send in rear and front hubs so the could use the hubs as a template.

Specification for the wheel adapters is 4x140 to 4x114.3 each wheel adapter is 25mm thick.

post-226-1223829355.jpgpost-226-1223829365.jpg

We have also purchase new rims and tires from Molway AB.

Specification for rims and tires:

* Bellini BELLA Hyper Black 17 x 7,0 (ET40)

* Sumitomo HTR50Z ZR 205/50 x 17

The hard part was to find rims that will fit nicely on the Peugeot 505 and with the wheel adapter that not widen the car to much. We think we did the right decision for the rims :)

post-226-1223830136.jpgpost-226-1223830149.jpgpost-226-1223830160.jpgpost-226-1223830170.jpg

And the final result :)

post-226-1223830326.jpg

Looks FANTASTIC D00zer! I really like the hyper black look on the car, and the offset looks perfect. How does it drive?

Also - what kind of price were the adapters? I have a feeling there'd be more than a few interested in a similar set up. This would be SO much easier and cheaper than what I'm doing! (Should be done in the next few weeks though)

Rabin

Bean: Thanks! It's handles good, we need to do some minor wheel settings to get it perfect. The price for all four adapters is 240eur. It took about 2 weeks to get them fabricated, but I think they have save the blueprints for the adapters now so it should go faster to fabricate them.

~$100CDN/adapter then - and that sounds about right with getting them made here for that as well. The hub adapters I had made will cost me close to $400 when done - and that's just for the front two! It was $80 in materials alone...

Glad to hear the car handles nice - but what do you mean about wheel settings? Alignment settings? (setting toe in?)

Rabin

Alignment settings, have to adjust the toe in and maybe the camber. When we test drive it my first reaction was that the road noise was reduced, its runs more silence on the road now.

Now we have tried 2 option of changing the bolt pattern (not test driven the re-drilled hub yet). We can see what option that we can get the best result from. If this 2 option doesn't work well there always other solution, we are researching on another solution for changing the bolt pattern.

Next step for the Project Car 2 is getting other injectors and another fuel pressure regulator. But we let the project car 2 rest for now and working with the engine for project car 1.

I have contacted a dealer near us that fabricate custom exhaust manifolds, and I asked them if they could fabricate a collector for us and the could and for a real good price. After we have order the collector we gonna start fabricate the manifold. I hope, the engine gonna be finished this winter, but can promise anything :)

Nice!

As mentioned before, the offset looks perfect!

I have too had some thoughts on a set of adaptors like those, but depending on wheels I'm a bit concerned that it could look a bit strange if you see too much of the adaptors. Therefore I would really appreciate if you could take a close-up picture of the hub/adaptor with the wheel mounted? Do you follow?

Regards,

Alex

Thanks, but one more real close-up picture in "between" the spokes would be just perfect! :)

Regards,

Alex

Yep - I'd like to see a close up of what the wheel > adapter > hub connection looks like as well.

When I was thinking of having adapters made I was wanting the adapter to have a recess for the entire bolt flange to fit into the adapter so that the adapter was also located by the outside of the flange instead of with just the bolts, and it would appear that there was no flange at all - just the alloy would be visible. Kinda like this: |]

I was told it was overkill though, and that it would increase both material cost and machining time... Then it just went down hill from there and escalated into a total brake/wheel upgrade solution! Just got the E46 front disks for the rear though... :) (Aluminum or steel round stock in that diameter and thickness cost a fortune too!)

Rabin

Requested pictures

Hope this pictures will do, you can see the spacers between the spokes. There is about 5mm of the spacers that is visible between the spokes. This differ what kind of rim you use, or you can paint the spacer black to make them more invisible :)

We gonna leave them like this cause there is so tiny bit of the spacer that are visible, maybe paint them black.

post-226-1224447263.jpgpost-226-1224447302.jpg

Yes - that does look like a nice option for sure.

D00zer - are these alloy adapters or steel?

My only concern for adapters was strength during competition. I've got plans to do some time attack (solo 1) racing, and even somewhat unrealistic hopes for stage rally with the set up - so I was trying to avoid using spacers.

For a daily driver though - this looks like an awesome way to go if it pans out with the car handling nice.

Rabin

Bean: Alloy adapters.

The only way to test the strength of them is to test drive them really hard, but we haven't get the opportunity to test drive the car on a track or similar. But for now we are note concern about the strength and the company we bought them from told he have build bult-on spacers for V8 cars that are used for racing.
The bolt-on spaces are indeed well construct and feels very solid, I think it takes alot of HP and hard drivning to destroy them smile.gif

But I will let you know if we have some problems with them.

If you guys have missed the movie I made I post it again (its also located in Resources > Pictures & Videos)

Edit 1: deadlink
Edit 2: Updated link to test run clip (36Mb).
Edit 3: Video uploaded to Youtube

• 2 months later...

Mini Update

After rebuilding the exhaust system on Project car 2 we wasn't satisfied with the end exhaust muffler so we bought a new one. When installing it we also rebuild a part of the exhaust system at the end. The exhaust system is 2.5'' in diameter but on the end when the exhaust pipe goes over the rear axles we mounted the stock exhaust pipe, cause the 2.5'' was caused vibration on the chassis. But its only over the rear axle we have the stock exhaust pipe and don't think it will affect the exhaust flow to much.

The rear muffler is: Black Series NOOZE Black Muffler.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year!

post-226-1230124027.jpgpost-226-1230124043.jpg

Collector from Customparts service

Yesterday we recived the collector from Customparts service, the result is fantastic. This is a local shop near where I live, my friend picked the collector from them cause I was at work. I told my friend to ask Customparts service if they could fabricate a custom exhaust manifold for the Peugeot 505 and they could and the price was reasonable (315EUR excluding collector). I have to e-mail them for more information.

So maybe we will order a custom exhaust manifold if the budget allow it. It would be very time saving and better to get a exhaust manifold fabricated by the professionals.

* Price for the collector 53EUR

* T25 Flange

* Dimenson of the pipes 42,4mm (good for 800hp according to Customparts service)

Happy new year!

post-226-1230721334.jpg

• 3 weeks later...