Wanted: 86' 505 Turbo Bosch distributor

Ccanessa

Hi, I'm looking for a distributor for my 505 Turbo. It's an N9TE engine with catalytic converter, US version, with the EZK 200 ignition ECU.

Original part number is 0 237 506 004.

I'm located in Chile, I would be paying for shipping.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

Cristian

081320ba-75e6-42f4-a089-6f82d0e9cb18.jpg

fc6411ce-70dc-4004-99f2-19576ab1dc62.jpg

Hi Cristian,

Do you know what’s wrong specifically with your distributor?  Might be easier to fix yours than to have a used one sent all that way…

All the internals swap out with VW distributors, and they even share the same cap and rotor with certain VW models so the parts might be readily available if you’re able to get VW parts more easily?

Rabin

Hi Rabin

I hope to have more in depth news in a couple of days, but so far I know that the hall effect pickup sensor is faulty/broken. 

I'll definitely take a look at your lead, sounds promising. I'll also post when I have more details about what's specifically wrong with my distributor.

Thanks!

Cristian

The distributor cap and rotor both cross reference to VW part numbers, and I’m very sure the hall sensors and the wiring plug that exits the distributor is all common to the vw as well.

As long as your distributor shaft is in good shape with good bushing / no shaft play it should be much easier to repair with new parts than to bring in a good used one.

Keep us posted!

Rabin

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for taking so long to get back with the report.

@Bean sure, as long as parts are available, I'd be glad to help

Well, the Argentinian lead is a dead end: I finally contacted them via WhatsApp, and they succinctly replied 'No stock, haven't had in a long time. Don't know who might have. We don't sell to end customers'. So that's it.

@GlennP I haven't gotten the parts, and I'm still interested in getting them

Also, I found out my distributor has some shaft play, so now I don't know if I should still be looking for parts to repair or a whole new one.

Have you guys heard or had any experience with programmable distributors like this one? Would it be compatible with the EZK 200 ignition ECU?

https://www.matramagic.co.uk/store/Programmable-Distributor-2-2-and-N9-p457115036

image.png.286ad3555d00ba8dd46e56700ce871f9.png

Thanks a lot!

Cristian

Even if you can program it to simply output a square wave signal with no advance or Dwell it's a bit overkill.

There should be a TSZ-H ignitor around that can fit your N9T, if you lock the advance part it should work the same as your distributor.