What am I missing on the Turbo hose? 85 505 N9T

TommyM

Hello!

Please ignore the duct tape LOL, I am just trying to get the car started and running. I will fix it later :).

I got the turbo rebuilt and installed, after putting everything back I decided to start the car and it starts like normal! If I keep giving it gas it will continue to run, but it will die in Idle.

I ran the car with the MAF disconnected and the car runs like garbage but it does idle!

(I am the second owner btw, it also ran before hand) There is a hole in the 90 degree bend, is there supposed to be a sensor/line? Am I missing something?

Any help is greatly appreciated! Attached are pictures of the hole, the surroundings, and the engine bay.

IMG_1031.jpg

IMG_1032.jpg

IMG_1033.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Sorry Tommy!

Your post never showed up for me as a new posting so I never saw it until now.

The turbo intake tube doesn’t look stock, but the stick intake hose has a connection that attaches to the valve cover PCV hose.  The intake provides the vacuum and it ingests those gasses to be burned up.

A better solution is to put a catch can in line so that oil vapours can condense out into the can and not be burned up.

Rabin

• 1 month later...
On 6/17/2022 at 6:43 PM, Bean said:

The turbo intake tube doesn’t look stock, but the stick intake hose has a connection that attaches to the valve cover PCV hose.  The intake provides the vacuum and it ingests those gasses to be burned up.

Dont worry! Its been cursed on jackstands....until now.

I bought this intake boot, I know what you mean about the PCV hose, which fits on the big nipple; however, what is the smaller nipple used for?

durite-turbo-505-turbo-injection-1425f6-hose-peugeot-505-turbo-n9te-9n2.jpg

Hi Tommy,

None of my turbos have had a second line off the AFM hose, but the it’d be easy enough to either cap it, or use it for a catch can vacuum source.

I wanted to put a oil catch can on my car so picked up a Provent 200, but the vacuum source off the AFM is usually effective at higher rpm.  Both my Volvo and BMW have high and low PCV circuits.  Low rpm vacuum from intake, and high rpm vacuum from AFM.

I checked my N9TEA tonight and I guessed close but not quite - the ecu controlled Boost solenoid is connected to the smaller line on the intake pipe, so it must vent back into the intake pipe.

My car has a custom steel intake pipe, but it has the smaller line.  All my spare N9TE intake hoses just have the single big PCV connection.

Initially I was going to use the PCV connection for boost recirculation, and if that smaller line isn’t being used on your car you could use it as the vacuum source for an oil catch can as they’re usually about that size on modern cars.