Locked out

I locked my 82 505 S Turbodiesel and now can't unlock it. Over the last month or so, I have tried various combinations of turning one or both keys gently/firmly, pulling handles, double checking the battery was fully charged/disconnecting the battery (I had the hood unlatched when I locked it), squirting silicone down the window and through the tiny holes in the handle rear cover. The driver side lock turns far enough to make the interior button  move up about halfway.  The passenger side initially would not turn, but now turns about a quarter turn, but the interior button still doesn't move at all.

A locksmith spent a couple hours trying to get in, and finally was able to get a string around the partially raised driver side button and pull forcefully. He stopped when he was pulling the button housing out of the door card, and looked like he was going to tear the plastic button off the rod before the button moved any more.  He recommended I call another locksmith who he said could get into any vehicle.  Before I have the second locksmith come out, I thought I would ask the group if they had any suggestions we could try. Any suggestions?

• 11 months later...