Wanted: 505 Turbo bits

speaksgeek

Welcome to the forum...

That’ll be a very pricey spoiler just to ship to Australia let alone even finding one.  
Just as a fair heads up - they look better in pictures imo.  I took mine off and ended up selling it as it had absolutely zero aero qualities whatsoever.  It has no shape, and was very blocky/clunky looking.  I ended up going with a Honda spoiler as it was the only thing wide enough, but even this needs some work to fit properly, but I do like how it overhangs the rear deck lid.

Rabin

5 hours ago, Bean said:

That’ll be a very pricey spoiler just to ship to Australia let alone even finding one.  
Just as a fair heads up - they look better in pictures imo.  I took mine off and ended up selling it as it had absolutely zero aero qualities whatsoever.  It has no shape, and was very blocky/clunky looking.  I ended up going with a Honda spoiler as it was the only thing wide enough, but even this needs some work to fit properly, but I do like how it overhangs the rear deck lid.

Rabin

Thanks, I've been lurking for a fair while. I just like the look better than the more common lip spoiler. It actually looks a lot like a 405 Mi16 spoiler, just a bit bigger. I'm not surprised they don't do anything aero wise, realistically that's not a concern in Australia - we basically get shot on the side of the road for going over 130kmh.

I've got some family in California, so depending how it works out, it might be easier to get to there than direct to AU.

Most spoilers are for looks only, but Ot was the first time I felt they were such a hinderance that I felt the car was better without them!

That said I regret selling mine instead of maybe modifying it a little to make it a bit more appealing to me.  :)

They were very rare in North America so finding one might be a challenge.  There was one for sale a while back, but the person selling it wanted $500! 

Rabin

Rare in USA, non-existent in Australia and maybe UK?

No idea about the rest of Europe, whether it was a cost option on turbo's only?. I'm kicking myself that Peugeot classic had one, but it now appears to be out of stock.

Anyway, if one shows up, I'll be interested.

Argentina might be a better source as they had made them as well I believe, so not so rare.  No idea what shipping would look like from there for you however?

And I thought your user name was familiar, but this was your first post for yourself and not a comment in other threads.

What 505 do you have in Australia?

Rabin

I bought this a couple of years ago, it's an 1984 Executive which is basically a 2.2L K-jet STi, 3 speed auto with some of the euro turbo style bumpers and velour interior.

I've got big plans for it, inspired by Wales' 505 T16 project and a mate locally with a turbo wagon, and another with a twin turbo V6 sedan, but with a few key differences.

8s5fsfvylbieo461h0zue14fb.jpg

• 1 year later...
27 minutes ago, wmtmaloney said:

I have the 1989 spoiler you want.  It is off my 1989 peugeot 505 turbo.  If you install it on a different year model you will have to install a second trunk lift as it is fairly heavy.

That’s great, thanks for the offer. I think the extra lamps might not be so useful, as I need RHD beam pattern.

I did end up finding some NOS spoilers in Argentina for a very reasonable price as suggested, but shipping has turned into a nightmare.

I wonder if it might be easiest to get to Santa Barbara somehow, I have a brother there.

I’ll send you a PM to discuss.

I need to sell the parts for my Peugeot 505 Turbo that I have held onto for 30 years....

1.  A set of European spec headlamps that take a standard h7 bulb and require no modification to fit in a US spec car.  Note that the housing is Grey, except for the reflector.  They cast a superior beam compared to the US spec headlamps. They are coded e2 (French specs)20220721_135915.thumb.jpg.38de81a043de332eba4209aa0b449e66.jpg20220721_135841.thumb.jpg.d2f60b5879b7ee4aa29165045d58067f.jpg

20220721_135912.jpg

On 7/21/2022 at 5:36 PM, wmtmaloney said:

3. I have just one taillight assembly.   It is in good shape. it is for the right side....passenger side for left hand drive model.20220721_135940.thumb.jpg.3d1672fba014886a788944754e32b115.jpg

Any idea what price you would like for these parts? I'm was planning to buy the right taillight at some point to replace a cracked on on my car, and might even splurge for the euro lenses.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry getting back to you so late.  I imagine shipping a weird size box to Australia might be super expensive.  I could ask for an estimate from the postal service  or I might be able to deliver it in person to Santa Barbara in November or December when I have time for a road trip

9 hours ago, wmtmaloney said:

Sorry getting back to you so late.  I imagine shipping a weird size box to Australia might be super expensive.  I could ask for an estimate from the postal service  or I might be able to deliver it in person to Santa Barbara in November or December when I have time for a road trip

9 hours ago, wmtmaloney said:

If you are seriously considering my spoiler from the 1989 Peugeot I would let you have it for $200 plus whatever the shipping costs will be.   I want it to find a good home

No problem, whatever else is happening, I'm not in any real rush!

I'm up for it at $200. As I mentioned by PM, my brother should be in Las Vegas in October for a trade show, or if you're going near Santa Barbara anyway then I'd happily contribute to gas.

I can then deal with shipping directly with him - either I'll pick it up when I see him next, or arrange it somehow.

I sent you my email if you want to discuss directly.

Angus

• 3 months later...
On 8/2/2022 at 1:47 PM, wmtmaloney said:

I would want $75 each for the euro lense covers.  I only have the right taillight from the 1988 505.  I would want $75 for it. No cracks and includes the circuboard which worked perfectly before I removed it for storage.  It has been stored in a dry desert garage

I'm sending you a PM about the headlights.

• 1 month later...
On 7/21/2022 at 11:43 PM, wmtmaloney said:

I have a few front grilles for an 88 and 89 model year Peugeot 505 and also have one or two sets of European headlamps for the 505.   They take an h7 bulb and cast a nice beam.  I am located in Las Vegas.  Let me know if you are interested 

Are you sure for H7? Should be H4?

• 2 weeks later...