Peugeot 108 oil

Hi can anyone tell me what oil I should use in my Peugeot 108 VTi 3 door hatchback 68 Active 1ltr 2017 plate. On some sites it says 5w30, 5w40, 10w30, 10w40. But the garage I bought it from which was Peugeot related put 0w30 synplus in it as it's on the work sheet service.  I understand what the numbers relate to, but just want to make sure I use the most correct oil.  Thanks for any advice you can offer me.

Hi Gaz,

0W30 synthetic on a modern engine is likely the best choice -one of the best oils in fairly recent testing was Castrol's "German" 0W30 which exceeded heavier viscosity oils for wear protection, with better start protection due to flowing better when cold.

As long as the oil meets the Peugeot recommended oil API category rating (SN for gas, CJ for diesel) that's all you really need.  Temperatures and the type / use of the vehicle will determine the best viscosity to use, but modern 0W30 really is an all year oil.  I use Castrol 0W30 in my Volvo v70r for years, but now that it has over 200K on it, I'll likely move to something heavier in summer.

Rabin