XD3T Tuning

wadehilts

Thank you, Rabin!

My project will get a twintubo / biturbo like that.

https://www.turboservice24.de/en/exchange-turbochargers/re-manufactured-twin-turbocharger-for-mercedes-sprinter-w906-viano-vito-w639-2-2-cdi-95-hp-129-hp-150-hp-163-hp_727_1279

It works on an 3.5litre MB ML 320 also.

In spring I will go for my XD3TE to france. 

The BA5/10 gearbox is already sitting in my garage.

I will make the exhaust manifold myself.

I want to unite both P504. The one is an original Dangel 4X4. It has a separate frame houses the axle and transfer case.

Iimage.thumb.jpeg.0867a1c69ce250449304175182005e60.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.792b982cd1bc435e5e28cb88d77fa63f.jpeg

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jens that looks like an awesome project. I bet that bi-turbo will spool lightning fast!

Update on my project. I drove the car all the way to Santa Cruz last summer. It was 110 degrees as I was climbing the hills north of SF. For extended periods I was pulling 15 psi of boost. Temp gauge was sitting right before the red, a little hairball but the engine performed beautifully the entire trip from Portland to Santa Cruz and back - aside from a burst coolant hose that I fixed on the side of the road on the way home!

Anyways I consider the built to be both reliable and powerful. Going to have to pull the engine to replace the rear main seal (I'm an idiot for not doing this originally haha). I'll do timing chain and piston rings at the point too. I plan to swap out the exhaust back pressure gauge for a simple oil pressure gauge now that everything's verified. EBP gauge is buzzy and annoying under heavy boost, I'd rather know the oil pressure at this point anyways.

Also going to see if I can use a 505 Series I tachometer in the 604 cluster while I'm at it. Then I could get a read on how the boost varies with RPM and report back some more data on the dynamics of the turbo.

Wade

I am assuming you have an oil cooler installed! with an opening thermostat. can you check your oil temp while driving?
If the oil gets too hot, use a larger one from the accessories and put it in the wind.
... but you know all that for sure.