OEM Factory alloys 505?

Staffordjc

Hi Stafford,

The center caps, and the lug nuts are common to all 505 wheels, but the metric rims themselves are a tough sell.  If you don't get any offers I'd suggest selling the caps and lug nuts separately, and then recycle the alloy rims.  When I took mine in I got $50 - better than throwing them out.

Rabin

TRX tires are just too expensive and you can find 15" rims with the exact same design...

Maybe, if there is enough material, they could be machined to bolt a BBS outher lips and convert them to 16" but other than that I can't see any reason to use them on a 505 or 604.

I pursued having them machined into something useful and I even had a good friend that had a wheel machining / restoration business and he simply refused.  Not enough meat in the lips to machine down to 15”, didn’t look like a good fit to machine them into wheel Centers.

He said it’d be much better and stronger to use forged billet blanks and machine centers rather than using old cast aluminum.

Some guys in Australia machined the wheel center out and then welded them into the alloy bells of a Nissan wheel - looked great, but he didn’t want to do that either.

He made some good points so that’s why mine just got recycled.

Rabin

• 5 months later...
On 9/25/2020 at 8:44 PM, Bean said:

Hi Stafford,

The center caps, and the lug nuts are common to all 505 wheels, but the metric rims themselves are a tough sell.  If you don't get any offers I'd suggest selling the caps and lug nuts separately, and then recycle the alloy rims.  When I took mine in I got $50 - better than throwing them out.

Rabin

Hi

do you still have them ? Thanks