1982 Lada Niva with a Peugeot diesel engine swap

Goce

22 hours ago, Goce said:

The problem is that even if i legalise it now, in few months that doesn't count, present law for emissions doesn't acount anything for engine swapped cars, in my case i'll be just throwing money away.

Oh that sounds really awful. In Finland, just like in France, what is done remains done and the new regulations hardly touch them.

In fact, there is now new regulations about modifiying cars in Finland, and there is rough cut between cars made before 1.1.1998 and after that date. You can pretty much change anything to a car that has been first registered before 1.1.1998 with some exceptions. But for cars that has been first registered after that date, you can not change about any part unless it is E-accepted and meant for that specific car. Also cars older that -87 are quite open about emissions.

Damn these new regulations suck because they limit these awesome projects.. I dont think they serve their purpose on limiting something that is usually driven for less than 1000 km per year...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We are a young country, and we have lots of freedom, and the fines aren't awful but i'm sort of person that doesn't like to be illegal, that is partly why i don't have trouble with the police. Around here everyone knows everyone else, and i have reputation to own and drive unique cars radder fast but my cars are always legal, register and no accident with my fault. I respect the police and they respect me, there is every now and then a new young cop to stop me but because all my cars are stock looking they don't know any better, also usually there is a more experienced policemen with him to give him advace. I can put in any engine in the little niva and get it registered and certified but in few years or months when my country gets stricter with the emission i won't be able to get it registered but if i keep the original engine block with the factory number i'm in the clear, here we have austin minis running 16v motorcycle cylinder heads and big turbo on a stock block and they are legal, making 10x more power but by law there is nothing about changing the power output or gearbox.

That’s too bad Goce!  We still don’t really have any rules as far as emissions as they still don’t test, but inspections for newer cars they just don’t want to see any codes or anything.  Older cars - particularly anything older than 1987 are considered antique and are exempted from inspections unless deemed “unsafe”.

With no age or grandfather clauses it makes it tough.

Rabin

Yeah, my country is trying to become part of the european union, so any law others implement our government also implements. it's becoming very strict, also insurance company are making big influence, they are charging more and more also they are pressuring the inspection stations to be more strict that way on mods will pass thru.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, i have the same intake, but the engine is very early XUD9 engine code 162. Do you recognise the gearbox?

Да, у меня такой же впуск, но двигатель очень ранний XUD9, код двигателя 162. Вы узнаете коробку передач?

IMG_20200627_190455_1.thumb.jpg.1505b77f6cf442617df8971c8d79ac56.jpg