xd2s injectors and components

83pgo

I am looking to remove and clean out the injectors on my xd2s here in a few months but want to make sure there are no special gaskets or washers that will be needed . Going by the parts I see a washer and copper gasket, but what is the purpose of this washer? Copper gasket I can attempt to get a machine shop to duplicate some others as well for my TX and oil cooling lines since my pug has always had a bad habit of leaking everywhere and never had the time or resources to fiddle with that aspect. And to caveat off that, where might I find some of these monark nozzles as I have yet to find any complete injectors to replace mine with, I preferred to go that route but no body seems to have any so rebuilding the originals will be the game plan unless someone on here has a connection.

• 1 month later...

The other washer is a “flame” washer, it crushes in there and helps seal.  Both types of washers and even the injector nozzles or the entire injector assembly is still available.  Its part of the Bosch VE injection, common parts with the 80’s mercedes  diesels.