ECU wiring diagrams

89peugeotV6

I've been working on my 91 turbo sw8 for a while now. I thought I had a bad distributor hall effect sensor bought a parts car put in good used distributor and no luck. 

This is what's going on I've done more testing since just swapping parts is just being a parts charger and not a mechanic. For awhile I want getting any spark I swapped ignition ECU's and I got random spark more at the beginning of the cranking cycle and itd taper down to nothing if I were to stop cranking and start again still nothing if it sat for 10 minutes it'd have the same amount of spark as before. I replace the ignition module and swapped ignition ECU relay and the ignition ECU by the most I can get is only a sputter out of the motor and for the spark to slowly go away.  

I've eliminated the external fuel pump and put a high pressure one in the tank. Im not sure if the tachymetric could be causing ignition problems I thought they only controlled the fuel pumps. 

I have wiring schematics I got from my snap on guy from shop key and i have the Peugeot wiring books aka useless. What id like to know is what wires I should be checking at the ecu ignition module and distributor and what those readings should be. 

Have you tried ether or some other known starting fluid?  That’s my go too first as even fouled plugs will fire ether and confirm spark or fuel being the issue.

Have you checked coil?  If you put a timing light on it you should get consistent spark - is that how you’re testing for spark or ??? Have you checked plugs for fouling?

If you suspect tachymetric relay I’ve just run 12V directly to the pump which bypasses the relay entirely.

Rabin

Yeah this is the red one I've been working on I have a timing light on the coil wire a test light on the terminals of the coil I've tried carb cleaner I have 12 volt at the pump I am getting fuel.

I'm not getting spark signal I tried a different distributor and ignition module and ignition ecu and ecu relay but no change. I forgot to mention I've seen some rodent damage on this car. what I'd like to do is see if I have power to the ecu and if I have spark signal coming out of it or going into it then see if I'm getting it at the ignition module I should have it coming out of the distributor it's a known good one somebody put ground wires on the outside case of the injection and ignition ecu where they mount and the ignition ecu has wires taped as if they were probed at one point. 

I believe I have it narrowed down to a wiring issue somewhere but not knowing what volts or if it is a positive or negative signal is very frustrating

Try this and let me know if it works:

Didn't want to bury the info in this thread, so I posted it into the Tech Resources section.  Thanks to JoE for sending digiital versions of these files.  I've got the manuals as well, so if you need something specific I'll try to post pics or scans of any additional info that would help diagnose.

Rabin

I just downloaded it fine. Might be a browser issue?  Members should be able to download, but I’ll need to check.

I can e-mail it to you if your e-mail address in yahoo address is still used?

Rabin

Finally got it running bad ground for the distributor. It sounds really good but the oil looks like chocolate milk shake the oil looked good before starting it the car did sit for 10 years so I'm not sure if it's just from sitting or what. I'll change oil and run it longer and see what I got

Sorry - Was out all day today and wasn’t anywhere near my laptop.

Glad you got it running, but the milkshake isn’t a good thing.  
Hopefully you can figure out if there was water in oil pan the mixed or if you’re looking at a HG / Head repair.

I’d check cooling system to see if it’s seeing combustion pressures - Usually bubbles in the reservoir bottle if it’s cracked head.

Rabin