HISTORY OF PEUGEOT IN CANADA

Does anyone have any historical information on Peugeot Canada from 1957-1992?  I am attempting to write on article for a couple foreign Peugeot Clubs on Peugeots History in North America.  Any assistance that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

I recently acquired an early 1980's Peugeot 505 sales brochure and the 505 series is based on the European 505 series (GR/SR) and not the 505's available in the United States (Base, S, STI). An Early Canadian Peugeot sales brochure that I have has a Lion Peugeot logo as the Canadian Distributor and later sales brochures have a Peugeot Canada/Peugeot Motors of America logo as the Canadian Distributor.

I have some. 

They started selling here in mid-1958 through Peugeot Canada Ltée, but there is some evidence that they were here much earlier than that, through ephemeral distribution channels.  Peugeot Canada Ltée folded in 1983, when Chrysler took over distribution of the 505.  In 1988 Autolion Distribution took on the 405 and then folded in 1990, when Peugeot USA took over for the one year long swan song.

I have total Peugeot sales for Canada by model range if you'd like to use that.  Send me a message if you want more.