505 Turbo ABS brake parts

yhzman

Hi All,

Stupid question perhaps, but are the front rotors on an ABS equipped car the only difficult to obtain brake parts (I'm talking flex hoses, rotors and pads)?  I see flex hoses, pads and rear rotors listed on RockAuto for 87 and 88 Turbo cars and am wanting to purchase, but was wondering if their listings were accurate, and they apply to this car.

Also, I saw that "early" 944 front calipers are the same as the 505 ABS calipers.  Is there any more specific info on which years of calipers are the same, or a part number so this could be looked into?

Thanks for anyone's assistance!

I just put what I think are the last set of N9Tx vented rotors on my car.  I bought them directly from Peugeot about 10 years ago after begging them for them.  The rest were probably scrapped.

I would rather buy parts from JC Whitney or K-Mart rather than RA.  If you buy something where they screwed up.  They'll tell you it has a value and you should eBay it to get your money back.  I ordered a head gasket set and was sent a head gasket set for a FIAT.  They would do nothing for me.

You can add parts to your cart and click buy and you might get something that's correct.  But, understand that it may not and if it doesn't, you're just out the money.  I bought some small item about a year ago with that mindset.  It was not the right part.  

I'll park the car and catch it on fire before I ever buy another part from Rock Auto.

944 calipers are similar and I think can fit with some massaging.  Rabin and Arun are pretty much the experts on that subject.  I'm sure they'll chime in.

I agree Rock Auto is hit and miss when it comes to peugeot parts, I buy a lot, but you have to know what to buy and investigate the parts they are offering. This goes for all brands, some of their after market parts are inferior especially mounts. Aftermarket companies go by dimensions to make their parts sometimes they forget the engineering. It calls for certain material type and durometer to be OEM equivalent.

Flex lines are too short. 

Thanks for the help!  I have an 87 and have not had to put any new brake parts on it yet.  Was wondering how much of a challenge it is, with the exception of the front rotors.

I guess you're saying the flex hoses listed on RockAuto are too short and won't work?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes the brake hose is a bit short makes for very tight bend, I returned them. I got correct set from Germany right length and cheap.

To answer your challenge question there is nothing special about replacing pads, the only thing I would check while pads are out is piston boot and if the piston is in correct rotation position.