Peugeot To Return to U.S. By 2026

ofArc

Today, PSA Group announced that Peugeot will lead their return to the U.S. market. According to a Peugeot spokesperson, “Even though Peugeot left in 1991 ... the awareness of the brand and the opinion of the brand are still strong ... so, we have a strong starting point with which to start the discussion with consumers.”

Article here, on Automotive News: https://www.autonews.com/automakers-suppliers/peugeot-brand-will-lead-psas-return-us

Another interesting detail from the same spokesperson: “There’s over 1,500 Peugeots still registered and running in the U.S. ... Ironically, the highest concentration is in Alabama.”

An exclusive club, for sure! I doubt that modern Peugeot (Twogeot? Newgeot?) will provide any help with finding parts, though.

It already does.  Peugeot Classic makes a wide range of new parts that have been unavailable for decades now.

I'll consider buying one as my next and last new car, probably a hybrid or electric.  My 2008 Benz should last to 400,000 km if not 500,000.  Then I'll be looking for a final daily driver - the 404C will be a good weather only car.

• 2 years later...

Now thant PSA is part of Stellantis the return plan for Peugeot is cancelled, obviously the new group has now more than enough market share in the US.

The silver lining is that once the US cars start using the same platforms it would be much easier to relaunch Peugeot.

There is still room for one acces premium brand between Fiat and Alfa Romeo, it should be either Peugeot or Opel/Vauxhall.