40X pictures

brownie

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

As Homer Simpson would say:

Mmmmm.....407!!!

I love the 406 coupe (before the facelift, but with that 210cv engine)

And I sat in a 407 coupe at the Peugeot Experience in Holland. Man that is a nice car to live in.

The 408 concept pictures that I have been seeing on the net are promising. And I hope they will put it in production in the USA and start selling them trough the Mitsubishi dealers without rebadging them Galants.

• 9 months later...

Sorry Norcal, it is a 407 Coupé <_<

Do you know if some people got 406 and 407 or 607 to the USA ?

I send you some pics of my 4 door 406 V6 3.0 24 V, I bought last november with only 13 600 km = 21 700 miles, it is a 1999 model, non smoker, like new :)

The color and trim are not usual, I know, even in France

The name of this color is "Bronze Lhassa" ( from Tibet)

post-103-1242908946.jpg

post-103-1242908968.jpg

post-103-1242908988.jpg

post-103-1242909022.jpg

I forget to say that I love US models, when I was younger, in 1981, ones of our friend came from New-York to Paris with his US 505 ! registered in New Jersey, it was a Diesel model.

I remember it like it was yesterday, unfortunately, my father did not buy this car because my parent's 504 GL

sedan carburettor was like new, and it was not as usual as it is now to drive diesel cars.

But sometimes, when our friend came back to New York, we took the beautiful 505 to ride in and around Paris.

Ah, relish the awesome cars you can get over there.

We have such a pathetic set of choices of cars here. Oh had I wished Peugeot had stuck with the 505. BMW, M-B and Lexus have all made a pretty penny on that market segment that was totally up for grabs when Peugeot abandoned it.

Your 407 looks like a beauty! How does it compare with other cars. 505 handled superbly and was unmistakable. Does that Peugeot tradition continue?

Thank you for your reply !

My car is not a 407, but à 406 built in 1999 like the blue one, on the pic just before my post, 6856 W 75 ( garage plate number) 75 = city of Paris, only.

It is probably a commercial pic made by Peugeot, the adress of Peugeot is still Avenue de la Grande Armée Paris 16e, written on your 505 for example, on a little plate under the hood.

Did you drive another Peugeots after the US market sales had been stopped by Peugeot ?

The 406 give the same size for the interior, but seems to be as big as a 505 for the body, it is a great car to drive, it is a front wheel drive car.

Like you know, the 505 is the last rear wheel drive Peugeot.

Sorry Norcal, it is a 407 Coupé <_<

Do you know if some people got 406 and 407 or 607 to the USA ?

no, I said i would rather like to have a 406 over a 407.

and yes some people have- but it is very expensive.

most of the newer peugeots in america are all owned by Peugeot Motors of North America-all corporately-owned vehicles.

• 9 months later...
Guest EUROTRASH

Oops ! sorry ! I read too fast ! :P

Thanks for your reply about new Peugeots, but even we know Peugeots are very good cars...do you think they would have a place in the U.S market at this time ?

I suspect neither Peugeot, Citroën nor Renault will be back in the US for a VERY long time, I would like to know the exact reason why.

• 1 year later...

I think that PSA thought they could get away with a presence in the eastern economies only, that had up until recently great growth rates, so anyone present in those markets was making tons of money. But as the Asian markets become more competitive, and the car buyers become more sophisticated and attuned to matters like brand image, PSA's models will be squeezed out, just as they were from North America more than 20 years ago. Their best cars are the cheap ones and they still can't make a decent luxury car.

So in short, I think that PSA may be realising (too late?) that they should have remained in North America, and should not have abandoned a RWD platform for their more expensive cars. The USA is where so much of the global reputation for car quality and brand perception (right or wrong) originates.

They faced a similar problem back in the sixties: remain a low volume brand like SAAB or Volvo and be swallowed up by others (or disappear) or become a volume car maker. They chose the latter.

I think that around now, they have some more soul-searching to do. Their home market is in a bad condition, Europe is duff, the emerging markets they were counting on to remain somewhat profitable are getting tougher to compete against the likes of Audi BMW and M-B in, so maybe they will finally have to become a truly international brand, with a presence here. Twenty years ago I thought that they would never come back but now I think there is a 50% chance they will be back in one form or another in the next ten years, unless their financial situation is so dire that they end up as a large SAAB-type case.

• 3 years later...