Looking for 505 floor mats with logo

Hi all,

I have a customer with a 87' 505...looking for a set of floor mats with the logo in good to great condition. He/we will pay absolute top dollar for a new set (if there is such a thing) or for a very good set. I feel like it's a stretch considering my searches have come up short, but I've had luck before with the great community here on PEG so I'm trying my luck again. Thank you for any and all replies and comments and/or help in locating sources. And please, my customer specifically wants floor mats with the logo on them.

Matt

Hi Matt - there used to be a company in CA that made new mats and embroidered car logos on them - that might be easiest to do as you'd be getting a much better product.  

Lloyd mats renoved the logo option - but maybe they can do them if you call - or maybe it can be done locally after you get them. 

Btw - posting the color needed would also be helpful if someone does happen to have a nice set for sale.

Rabin

I was going to make a crack by asking what color?

A few years ago I bought a new old stock set still in the plastic. The foam backing doesn't age well, so it had to be scraped off. They are fine that way. My guess it that any still in the wild will have the same issue.

I suppose that I could make a template of my set (mine are keepers) perhaps from a bed sheet or something. Then someone would have to find someone with a heavy duty industrial sewing machine make them up.  That way you can pick the color and decide how far you want to go as far as material quality.

I remember buying a new OEM set from the dealer about 1990 when the dealers were discounting all accessories at 50% off.  The blue set I opted for faded out astonishingly quickly. Dark gray would have been a better choice.

Jacket patches are out there as a possible option for the logo.