MI16x4 pictures of gas tank and rear subframe

Savo, to install the rear subframe in a FWD frame is easy, rear axle mounts are simple plate with a bolt thru, the little bit in the middle for the drive shaft is only 2-30mm higher and looks like you can cut and add a piece in between, your biggest problem will be the firewall, is different to accommodate the transfer box, and the front subframe is totally different but it should bolt straight in, you're best option is to get an half cut, that way you'll have the firewall and subframe, the driveshaft support bearing flange is very easy to make, i'll try to find some time to take couple of pictures, if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Have you gone through Goce's RWD conversion thread?  Lots of pictures in there.

They all had the Citroen hydroneumatic suspension in back - would you adopt a coil-over set up? 

So is there a Mitsu AWD swap in the works?  :) That'd be pretty epic.  

Rabin

I wanted to do this swap for some time now and it’s still just an idea for now. I’d like to do a lot of research before getting my self in to another head scratching project. Gathering pictures and measurements would decide the faith of this idea.

My current Wagon would fund this project and the plan is to buy wrecked 05 EVO and use what ever is needed out of it for the swap. Definitely have it CA emissions legal then ECM link it and get 600 AWHP out of it.

I would use my other 405 wagon,it’s just a shell anyway.

Savo i apologise for the late response, and my car is backed at the end of my garage and i have two cars in front on jack stands, so i could not take decent pictures, i only took one photo from passenger side to show you the gas tank stands much lower then on fwd models especially on the passenger side, as for the rear suspension you can see how the diff is mounted in my RWD tread, also there is a good video on the rear suspension on youtube, link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNRnSEA46zg

DSC_0011.JPG

Savo if you are planning to do an AWD swap, my suggestion is to use the complete front and rear subframes if you can, modified the body in order to keep all the driveline components as factory as possible, stuff like driveshaft and steering linkage is easy to modified and safe, Peugeot's steel may look thin, but is very good quality and welds very good, don't be afraid.

Thanks for the advice but I’m absolutely not keeping Peugeot drive train or subframes,it’s definitely weaker and parts availability it terrible. Like I was saying it’s going to be all Mitsubishi drive train.

I’m not looking for any advices or idea I simply need few pictures.

Thank you.