405 cruise control

Could someone take a photo how the cruise control switch is mounted on the steering column. And is there some sort of grommet or something similar on the plastic covers? And one more related question, where is the original location of the CC on/off button?

I am planning to do a retrofit with the original stalk and button. For the rest of the components I'll probably cannibalize a 406 or just use aftermarket kit.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for not replying sooner, i didn't have a chance until yesterday to take the photos and until today, to post them. i have my dashboard partially disassembled to install a new stereo, change out some of the light bulbs and to replace some busted pieces (including the control stalks) so you can see everything.

the first photo shows the mounting of the cruise control stalk, it just bolts in front of the turn signal/lights/horn control stalk:

Photo%20Jun%2002%206%2018%2027%20AM_zpsb

the second photo shows the left side of the dashboard where the switches are:

Photo%20Jun%2002%206%2018%2033%20AM_zpsy

the plastic cover over the steering column just has a rectangular hole where the cruise control stalk comes out, there is no grommet or anything on mine. i will try to get a photo of it soon for you.

hope this helps, let me know if you need some other photos

andré

Thanks, this helps a lot. And also the column picture would be useful.

I am not in a hurry to do this. Currently I have just been searching parts and the actual install might still take some time. The biggest headache here seems to be the speed sensor. The 4wd sensor is quite different than in 2wd models and of course that part has been obsolete for a long time.

i've been there with the 4wd speedo, it's not that difficult as you think, the white plastic, is interchangeable with the fwd models and any PSA vehicle so you can use electrical + mehanical drive from the 94 cars, only thing you need to keep you original drive gear that enters the transfer box, if you need pictures or parts, just ask.

There is a special sensor for the 4x4 non Mi16 up to mod 90, and another just labelled 4x4 since mod 91. The simple 4x4 has a transmission ECU that need to know the speed so maybe the signal isn't the same.

I think there is no electronic control on the Mi16x4 transmission so no need for a speed sensor ; therefore the 2wd sensor should fit.

Well that is good news if the 2wd sensor can be modified and mated to the transferbox. I will need to look into that. Luckily I have a whole drivetrain of spares lying around to ease testing. Still it might be a struggle to fit into the car, there really is not much space to work with.

Yes the GRx4 models utilize speed sensor at transferbox for diff lock control. That might be suitable but this part is also rare and obsolete.