Electrical Harness 87 STX 2.8

Marc

one rarely sees peugeot harnesses for sale, unless someone is parting out a car. not sure if anyone is parting out a v6 at the moment. you could also check with brian holm, michel (mike) aubé, etc. as they typically have these items or may know where to find them.

also, you could send a message to ikenna on this forum -- i don't know if he checks in regularly but a PM would send him an alert. he is super-helpful and friendly, and he knows a lot about 505 v6 wiring harnesses. some years ago, he bought a french 505 and had it shipped to nigeria (where he lives). it turns out the car was a 4-cylinder car that had been converted to a v6 and the wiring harness was botched. long story short, he had to rebuild most of his wiring harness from scratch. so if you are unable to find a suitable donor harness, you may be able to rebuild the damaged part(s) of your harness, depending on your skill level and patience; advice from someone like ikenna would be invaluable for an effort like this. i suspect he's forgotten more about v6 electrics than most of us know. :)

andré

• 9 months later...
On ‎13‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 9:32 PM, andrethx said:

one rarely sees peugeot harnesses for sale, unless someone is parting out a car. not sure if anyone is parting out a v6 at the moment. you could also check with brian holm, michel (mike) aubé, etc. as they typically have these items or may know where to find them.

also, you could send a message to ikenna on this forum -- i don't know if he checks in regularly but a PM would send him an alert. he is super-helpful and friendly, and he knows a lot about 505 v6 wiring harnesses. some years ago, he bought a french 505 and had it shipped to nigeria (where he lives). it turns out the car was a 4-cylinder car that had been converted to a v6 and the wiring harness was botched. long story short, he had to rebuild most of his wiring harness from scratch. so if you are unable to find a suitable donor harness, you may be able to rebuild the damaged part(s) of your harness, depending on your skill level and patience; advice from someone like ikenna would be invaluable for an effort like this. i suspect he's forgotten more about v6 electrics than most of us know. :)

andré

Yeah, i started to forget about the V6 wirings until 2 weeks ago when the lion started to hard start. The last time i touched the lion's wires was in 2012 and the lion has been so reliable and durable. So when the hard start issue started 2 weeks ago, i pulled the wires and the knowledge started to flow back. I found the culprit. There was no communication on the CTS signal wire from Ignition ECU to CTS. I bypassed the old wire with a new one and the hard start issue went away and never came back. Phew!

I am glad i met the car.

Ikenna351, Lion King.