Urethane C.V boots

Oem boot kits don't last - or jobber boot kits?

I've had terrible luck with jobber reman axles, now I redo them myself with OEM boot or cv kits if needed.

If I have to - EMPI boots have been decent on Subaru axles I've redone.

Do you have a link for the urethane ones?  

Rabin

By urethane boots, you mean plastic boots, i've used them on a 405, and had trouble with water getting inside the cv joint, then i got advanced to use inner tube between the joint and the boot, that worked and outlasted the car.

Yes axle (drive shaft) C.V boots.On 405's factory spring is too long which creates that lovely one foot wheel gap,once it's lowered to SavoSpec status drive axles sits under unwanted angle. Because of this C.V boots don't last too long so I'd like to give a urethane boots a chance.

I haven't found anything solid yet.

http://www.duraflexpubushes.com/cv-boots-6-c.asp

Is urethane material, i talk to a friend of my that works maintaining taxis and he told me that he had to figure the same problem because the streets are tight and taxis aften get overloaded and they use to chew thru set of outer boots in a day, he told me that he got around this problem by using a long cv boot and using graphite grease not moly grease, i drive everyday look to look with my cars and dont have any problems, but my cars are not lowerd to Savo's spec.

• 1 month later...