Electrical problem

Marc

My 3 month old rebuilt starter locked up after a copper wire broke on the inside and after installing another rebuilt starter the car now will not start from the ignition key switch and when the ignition switch is in the OFF position the heater stays on and electric windows work, but when the ignition key switch is turned in the ON position the heater and windows will not work. Someone said that when the old starter locked up that might of burned out a dio somewhere behind the rubber cover on the fire wall close to the heater fan. My books on the car does not tell me exactly where the dio is and after releasing half of the rubber cover and shining a light inside i can't see anything accept one plug-in dio at the top that when unplugged does not turn off the heater or windows. Please help, if anyone has had this problem with their stx.

It sounds like wires have have melted together and power is now shorting to other wires rather than being switched.  

I'd check under your steering column near the ignition switch, and then follow those wires back as far as you can.  Same with the wires at the starter, and at the positive battery post.

Another thing to check is the power distribution block that's connected to the positive batter cable at the battery.

Rabin