Winter tire time (2016)

V-M

Used same pattern on title cause year has gone and not much happened on car side. Changed summer tires and did anti corrosion for car bottom. Now its time to change winter tires just in case I have time to start engine swap. But first, here is my latest innovation ;) 

I opened google and just browsed wheels on general... after some time my eyes catch someting which looked somehow good. Large bolt pattern, I searched more info and so I found at

Japan made suv and pickups have lug pattern 6 X 139,7 (some us cars have it also) ;) and next day I go for local tire store and picked one Toyota Hiace wheel for sample. Looked good.

Then I stared looking offerings, many promising ones with wide selection of size and et. But then I found good one and even more better it was 16" (last picture) but I was 1h too late. Those was sold. :(  Kept looking and I found exactly same looking 15" set as I have original wolfrace 140x4 set for summer tires. Today I recieved set (second picture). Not sure how it will go but looks promising ;)poso_16_3.jpg

poso_6_1.jpg

poso_wheel_1.jpg

vanne5.jpg

I know that 4x140 is very difficult to find, have you given any thought to changing the wheel hubs to more common bolt pattern, like 4x100 or 4x108, only two dimensions that matter is wheel bearing inner diameter and splines to the drive cv joints, and even they can be changed.

Yeah, those are also options but why change hubs? Why not just drill holes for desired pattern and do tread there or place studs? I have extra hubs to do also those but I wanted explore this original size first. Also one reason is at I have 6 sets of original wheels (14"- 15"). Some have done pattern change also with spacers.

V-M

• 11 months later...

A year late - but did you ever do this?

My brother Arun converted both his 505 V6 5sp cars to the 6x140 bolt pattern.  Uses some ultra light Rays 16x7 truck wheels (14.7 lbs?) with some Michelin AS3's with excellent results.  He has another set with WinterForce Winter tires on them.

His heavily modified car runs BBS 17x8 alloys with 245-40-17 Michelin Super Sport tires.

Rabin