Injection Pump Tech Spec

505 99105

Yesterday morning, one of the injectors failed and filled up the first cylinder with fuel.  I was able to make it home, and when I got back from work, tried to start the car.  It started but smoked a lot, then quit, as the first cylinder hydro-locked.  Pulled the injectors out today, I am hoping this is the last of the biodiesel problems.  The rubber was all eaten up, so I am not certain what the insides will be like.  When the car was running it was running rough, but did not sound like a bent rod or anything so here's to hoping it fixes this problem!

I'd suggest pulling all 4 and have them cleaned and pop pressure tested.  If nozzles have poor spray pattern, they may need to be replaced as well...

Hydro locked cylinder should be fine - diesels have crazy strong rods and pistons, and the way it died and locked up I'd say you were fine.

Would highly recommend changing oil as well.

Rabin

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello i just got a 1985 Peugeot 505 turbo diesel GL wagon w automatic 

The right rear door the only one glass that was complete and whole since owner ship I have installed both front doors glass and both cargo glass well removed the fuel tank freshener tank and recently changed fuel filer close to staring but no luck I suspect the injection pump needs attention its a bosch i ve been told now i have to pull starter i over cranked i live in Kingman Az does anyone know were i can get a rebuild or kit or take it to a pro

my first car was 1959 403 then 1964 404 then 66 403 then a 79 504 i need help pretty mechanical its my project vehicle eventually this will b a rally wagon thank you 

Gaspar G