Help: Oil pan gasket and spark plugs for '87 505 V6

505sti

I bought a '87 505 STI 2.8L V6 Zn3j with ba10/5 transmission earlier this year and have been slowly cleaning it up.

The next items to be changed out are the oil pan gasket and the spark plugs. I have done these on other cars and feel comfortable changing them. However, I'd like to know if there are any "special" steps that are required for these two processes with this engine? Also, what are the torque specifications for the oil pan bolts and the spark plugs? I checked the 505 and Zn3j manuals and have not been able to find this info.

If you can help I'd really appreciate it. 

Welcome to the forums!

Spark plug advice is to make sure clean the spark plug tubes out really well before removing the plugs.  Sometimes the plug boots didn't seal well and there's a fair bit of dirt / sand ready to fall in once plug is removed. Compressed air is usually a must for doing it well.

Pan should be straight forward, as for torque I never use a torque wrench on small bolts unless you have a very good in*lb torque wrench.  I usually just use a 1/4" drive and snug it up good.  If torque spec is a must, you can always just use recommended torque spec for the fastener.   (Ie: google torque specs for metric bolts and then find the size)

Rabin

Welcome to the forum, Rabin explained well, i want to add couple of things, spark plugs are changed only on a cold engine because is easy to stripped the trades on the aluminium heads, there placement makes them maybe harder than 4 cylinder but definitely easily than other v6 and v8, as for the oil pan you have to remember to look for specs for aluminium, as the block is aluminum, just tight is good the v6 don't vibrate too much so no risk of them backing out, you should also inspect and clean the oil pickup when you pull down the pan, if you don't find a gasket don't be surprised on some steel pans only silicone is used.