1981 Peugeot 505 diesel keeps stalling

I need help.

I have a 1981 Peugeot 505 Diesel. About 2 weeks ago it started stalling intermittently while I was driving it. Some days it has been fine and other days it has stalled 4 or 5 times.

I have taken it to my Peugeot mechanics about 5 times and they have tried everything they can think of to fix it, but it keeps stalling. They say they can't "diagnose" what the problem is unless they can examine it when it stalls.

But every time I take it to them, it works fine! They take it for test drives, I take it for test drives, and it works perfectly.

It only stalls when I have to be somewhere at a certain time!  

If you experienced such a problem in the past and someone was able to "diagnose" and "cure" it, please let me know.

Thanks.

Welcome to the forum, I've experienced the same problem on a 405 diesel, different engine then yours but may be the same thing, very strange thing and frustrating, the problem lies in the one way valve mounted in the fuel filter it had dirt in it and when weather starts to get cold it will stall randomly, after i found the problem i cleaned the entire fuel system and the fuel pick up was pretty dirty too, and logical it must be fuel related because in diesels air is unrestricted and there are no electronics, best of luck hope this helps.