86 505 Turbo Engine Mods

yhzman

Hi All,

I have just finished working on a low mileage (108k) 1986 Peugeot 505 Turbo sedan that I'll be importing to Canada in about two weeks.  It has always been garaged and never winter driven, so it is completely rust free, and the interior is in super nice shape.  What we've done so far:

1. New Valeo clutch kit.

2. New rotors all around, new pads in the back, 1 new rear caliper.  All wheel bearings repacked.  New brake flex hoses front and rear.  Flushed brake fluid.

3. New rebuilt steering rack and outer tie rods.  Toe adjusted and new tires all around (old tires were 16-17 years old!).

4. Change differential, trans and engine oil.

The car came with several interesting spare parts, which my brother and I are looking to use to build a high performance engine with:

1. Spare racing head (will get details from my brother on this and post to the thread)

2. Cam shaft supposedly ground by Dima Elgin in California - will need to send it to a shop to determine what lift and duration are...

3. Cometic head gasket which I believe has a part number on it, will contact them to see about making a gasket with newer materials (this one looks to be about 20 years old).

4. Spare turbo - may look at making a hybrid of some sort...

So, I have been going through some of the threads here and we will come up with a plan to build another engine.  We'll look to use some off the shelf rods mated to custom pistons, re-locate and use a larger intercooler, larger injectors, etc.

As I have questions for the group, I'll post them to this thread.

Stay tuned!

Feel free to post pictures of progress as well - we like pictures. :)  Curious if you scored a Danielson head with that deal?

I've had to take a long than anticipated break from my cars, but my mind is still always planning.  LOTS of info has been talked about, Keebs, V-M, and Tama being the ones with actual experience with building these up.

Rabin