Looking for cheap engine management to run a xu9j4 mi16 engine

Goce

Cheapest would likely to do what Savo did and use a modern factory ecu off a newer car that had the support to reflash / reconfigure it into a standalone.   He used the Mitsubishi ECU on his 405 Mi-16 and it was a complete success.

As for aftermarket you should check out a Canadian company called www.sdsefi.com - not cheap but our dollar is not that strong so it'd be cheaper.  Others to look at are VEMS, and of course MegaSquirt.

Rabin

Yes guise i'm not afraid of the installation and tuning, i have a masters degree in informatics, and i'm great at wiring diagnostics, so installing software connecting them to communicate and making my wire loom, even tuning, is not a problem, the problem is the cost of the unit it shelf, in my entire country there is no suppliers for any standalone ecu, the closest is in greece but their prices are ridiculous more than i make in a year, looked at mail ordering one but the import tax is also ridiculous, any other advice where to look even second hand, and what to avoid, i've heard some ecus are for rotary engine only and some don't support the 62-1 trigger ?

Then your best bet will be to find an ECU off a car in the scrap yard that you can retrofit to the Peugeot.  Something like Volvo or Mitsubishi that had factory turbo cars will be easiest, and both have enough enthusiast support for reprogramming the ECU's that you should be able to get something installed.

Rabin

No idea what's available to you - but the later series 240 Volvo's used Bosch LH 2.4 with the 60-2 wheel that is fairly easy to remap, and it was a turbo engine.  Later Volvo's used Bosch 4.3/4.4 and later the ME7 Motronic systems - not as easy to reprogram yourself but there are tuners that can remap them. 

Best thing to do is investigate what your best option is for a locally available turbo gas car, and then see what kind of support there is for remapping the ECU.  If you find something with similar engine capacity - there may be minimal tuning to be done.

Rabin

The LH Jetronic use MAF but apart from this you could also keep the old Motronic as you will need to pair it with the EZK ignition anyways.

Alfa did use the Motronic/EZK combo with the old V6 turbo ; the ML4.1 alone couldn't handle boost control or even a knock sensor.

• 1 year later...

I've known about Megasquirt scene 2010 but Microsquirt is a newer product, i need to find which ecu will fulfill my requirements and save up to purchase it, i've recently started a third job and now i have absolutely no free time an only get 3 hours of sleep a day.