Parting out 1985 505 XN6 5-speed wagon in Arlington, Virginia

I recently brought home the remains of a friend's 1985 505 wagon which suffered an electrical fire that consumed the interior. I mean ALL of it. The drivetrain had only 105,000 miles. Fortunately, the entire engine compartment was completely spared forward of the firewall. I have a matching '85 sedan with the exact same drivetrain, so I figured it couldn't hurt to have a spare of everything.

I am hoping to salvage the good and discard the bad relatively quickly, and at the moment I don't have a specific need for major wagon-specific components: exhaust, rear axle and suspension components, etc. Even the drivetrain is just a spare at the moment, so if you're looking for a complete swap, I have absolutely every mechanical component you would need except perhaps some melted shift linkages. Fuel tank and pumps were undamaged.

I wish the chassis were salvageable, but there is simply too much damage. I would assume that the structure itself has been compromised by the heat. I need the front fenders, but the hood is solid and suffered only blistered paint. The tailgate is intact but the inside is covered with soot and the defroster may not have survived. Glass and trim on the hatch are good, though.  Headlights, taillights, and grille are in decent usable condition, as are some bits of exterior trim. 

The alloy wheels have been transferred to another car, but I have four steel wheels with tires that hold air. Would make great spares if your original is a mess.

I can send pictures of any component on request. Post here or contact me directly. 

Karl Nelson

703-231-9888

knelson at

gmail.com

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...