Mummy's SW8 wagon.

Skater

1989 SW8 Turbo Charcoal N9TEA. 165K miles. Factory hitch. Blue fuzzy cloth seats

This is a one owner family car. It wintered in Florida for most of its life. Service history is documented. Propeller shaft u-joint replaced.Head gasket and re surfacing of the head at 130K. Second radiator. New water pump at 150K. New custom exhaust last fall. Car was not driven this winter. Tie rod ends and vented rotors and pads at 155K.Engine is strong. No issues with the drive train. Air con converted to R-134a and condenser changed to all copper.  It blows cold. Bosch alternator. Minor oil weepage around lower pan and transmission. Three minor problems.  Fan motor speed is constant and slider will not control it. Shifter plastic is coming off. Shifter linkage is a bit loose.  Heated seats don't work. I removed the rubber bushings and made a fix. New tires at 160K.  This car will pass NH inspection and I would drive it anywhere if I fixed the fan. Hood and roof were re-painted with a metal flake laquer.  Some rust spots where the paint has chipped  but no structural rust.  Rear hatch needs primer and paint.

Also 1988 505 Turbo wagon. 9NTE engine.  Parts car.  Ericson head, new rings pistons and big end bearings.  I drove it until the water pump let go.  Stored with a fresh filter, oil change and new antifreeze. Front struts are the recall galvanized ones with little mileage.  Steering rack has stainless sleeve on pinion shaft.  It won't rust and leak.  Trans is good.  Converter locks at 50 MPH where as the SW8 does at 60.. This car was fast.  Waste gate got stuck thus the head and piston work.

4 Alloy Star 15" wheels from a 86, 4 Standard alloys with good snows matching the ones on Mummy's car.  Boxes of parts included for two other wagons included. Shop manuals for engine, drive train, and electrical

You can buy all this for $900.00.  I want someone who loves the car and knows them to buy it.  My 3 mile commute to work doesn't let me warm up the oil and I am older and less able to focus on mechanics anymore.

I am in Southern NH.  You can strip the 88 and I will haul it off.  Drive the 89 home.

Skater

Grey Wagon.doc

Well that was quick!  

I shared the advert on the Facebook group, and it looks like Karl was the lucky one to jump on this deal.

I look forward to more pictures and details as the 89' wagon looks fantastic.

Rabin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

At the bottom of the page you'll see the Facebook icon - just click it.  (Or at the top if you're using a computer)

Sadly this wagon was flipped on ebay and is on it's way to Africa. :(

Rabin