Peugeot engines on CL

billy bee

Hi Bill, 

Your best bet would be to source the parts from a VW turb diesel IDI injection pump.  Essentially the exact same pump.

That engine in the link is a non-turbo engine, so it has no boost compensation. 

Rabin

12 hours ago, Bean said:

Hi Bill, 

Your best bet would be to source the parts from a VW turb diesel IDI injection pump.  Essentially the exact same pump.

That engine in the link is a non-turbo engine, so it has no boost compensation. 

Rabin

Thx, Bean. I have tried to find replacement parts for my pump with no luck. I sent it to Portland Diesel Fuel Injection Service. I have had good luck with them in the past. They could not find the part I needed, an internal lever of some sort. Any information you can provide or link to that gives more details on the crossover between the VW VE and my pump would be most welcome. 

Thx,

bb

Hi Bill,

Playing Devil's advocate:  I'm not sure I'd trust a diesel shop that doesn't have the resourses to source a part from one of the most used diesel injection pumps around.  Yes they're older, but the Bosch VE pump is very common, and it's essentially identical to the version used on older IDI Turbo Diesel Volkswagens.  (Both 1.6 and 1.9 TD's). (Pump drive is different)

As for sourcing the missing part - you'd need a part number or a picture of what you needed in order to source one, or you could look at sourcing one a VW injection pump and taking a chance they can find and use the part.

Not sure what your budget is, but the CDN dollar is weaker now, so if you sent it up to Giles at Performance Diesel - one of his tuned Bosch VE pumps would transform your car.  This is my plan later after I get the swap done and sort out making it a reliable DD.  Once it's sorted - then I'll start on the performance upgrades..

Rabin