Yellow 89' turbo

I finally got some time to get this thing started! This car has been stored in a heated garage for the last 13 years that Ive owned it (it always started with half a crank!!), unfortunately as many of you know, it got stolen. And I haven't attempted to start it since.

Now, to get it started........After trying to turn the ignition cylinder, I realized the key would not go in all the way, the thieves had damaged the drop pin in the cylinder (steering lock pin). Without taking it all apart and rebuilding the whole cylinder, I decided I have a few spares laying around, and I was just going to slot the key in the front section to allow some room for the drop pin, sure enough it worked like a charm!!! I could finally turn the key!

I put a fresh battery in there and gave it a whirl, it cranked like it always had, with that weird but comforting, almost sounds french on its own, starter (anyone that has ever had a Peugeot could hear one cranking from miles away), unfortunately it didn't start, did a little testing and realized there was NO IGNITION! Cleaned off a few of the terminals that looked to be getting a little corrosion on the coil itself, no luck. Didn't really bring any tools with me either other that a 13 mm for the battery and the hold down.

A few days went by, I talked to my pops, he says Ignition Control Module, now to find one of these things in the hundreds of peugeot parts that have yet to be organized would be impossible. Luckily a great friend (part of the 505 community) realized that I would need some spares after I got the car back (from the thieves) and offered an turbo wagon a couple of weeks back. I saw the car and said to him and myself, I'd like to bring this wagon back to life (had no motor) and picked up the wagon with the help of a friend with the use of a trailer and drove it 100 km up north to a friends place to be stored for a future project. And guess what!! It had a fairly new red bosch coil and the correct ICM!! Drove up there and took the pieces off last night, got back an hour later to my car, installed the ICM and I could finally hear the N9TEA purr again, what a relief!!! Although I hear some knocking in the bottom end (been like this since I got it 12 years back) it was alive again! And I get to drive it home!!

SO overall, the Yellow PUG is alive and wouldn't have been possible without the help of this community!!!! Thanks guys!!

now just a little more time to turn this thing into an asphalt grating tool (with the help of your knowledge of course!)

Cheers,

Riyaz

post-78-0-29274000-1445894635_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I gotta check out why I'm not getting post notifications!

Great to hear that you got it running and you have that peace of mind hearing it purr again.

I know exactly what you mean about the sound of that cranking N9T** - heard it myself this past August when I picked up my 505 Turbo and it instantly made me smile.

Can't wait to hear progress on both your sedan and hopefully see you return JJG's /505inme's old 89 505 wagon back to its former glory...

Rabin